Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dr Mrs MC Shave, MLC, Punjab

Dr Mrs MC Shave, Representative of the European
and Anglo-Indian Communities in the Punjab Legislative
Assembly, Fourth Council (October 24, 1930 to 
November 10, 1936).
(This pic was cut from a newspaper or magazine
and preserved for more than 70 years in a photo album.)
People spend their lives collecting photographs and other keepsakes that are discarded after they're gone!
 I was going through an album that belonged to Mr Denzil
D'Gama that was passed on to my parents when
my dad's widower brother-in-law decided to shift to
Bangalore at the end of the '70's. Mr D'Gama had
 married my dad's widowed sister-in-law, Nora nee
Dubois when her husband, George Percival Shepherd
passed away. 
I wonder whether Mr D'Gama knew Mrs Shave or why would he have her pic in his album - well many years ago I stuck a picture of Ali MacGraw in my album!

No comments: